Sunday, June 12, 2016

Children

Image result for maasai children



I went on a bike ride with my brother, Erik. Now that was challenging mountain biking. At one point I lost sight of him on a footpath through a banana plantation and had to ask a pedestrian in my broken Swahili which way the guy on the bicycle took at the fork in the trail. Definitely not like the limited mountain biking I have done in the US. A great part of mountain biking through the countryside is all the kids. Riding a bike makes for a whole different connection to the community compared to driving a car.  The older school children are more reserved, but the little ones want to show off their English. It is always the same thing. "Good morning. How are you? Do you think Bernie Sanders will get very many super delegate votes at the convention?" OK, I made up that last sentence, but they are still very cute. Greeting us in English, waving, and a great big grin on their face.

No comments:

Post a Comment