Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Debi's photo journal of Tanzanian life.

Here are some recent pictures. 

First, I took pictures of our bathroom. I was frustrated because the toilet tank was overflowing...but mainly I want to show the difference between our "elegant bathroom" and the later picture of the typical TZ toilet!




Next is Ombeni receiving his new (old) laptop computer...more on that in a future message. We had NO IDEA what good an old computer can do here!


The next picture is when we dropped Wema off at the Maasai Girls School with her mother and Orjantan. What you cannot see is her mother wearing a necklace I sent out with Bob from my college days! It matches her outfit perfectly!


Then we get to see Nashesha with short hair when she lets it go natural!  I am SOOO jealous!!!


Eliakimu, our guard, bundled up for night duty. I laugh because people here wear down coats and stocking caps while I am comfortable in a t-shirt!


The last two pictures are recent. My new refrigerator!  I took this when Ombeni and Upendo came to celebrate!  I must admit I felt a bit... (OK, more than a bit) sheepish having them see my second refrigerator when they have none!  None the less they clapped and ate cake with me!


And lastly, the new calf! Such a miracle!!


Enjoy!

❤️Debi





















No comments:

Post a Comment